Caring For Your Hair
How To Wash Your Topper
In this video, Melina takes you through how to wash your human hair topper at home! Your piece should be washed every 6 – 8 wears. In the salon we love and use Davroe Products, these can be purchased on your next visit to the salon or online from the links below.
What you’ll need
- Davroe Moisture Senses Hydrating Shampoo
- Davroe Moisture Senses Hydrating Conditioner
- Mannequin head
- Soft Towel or Turbi-Twist
- Wide tooth comb
- Gently comb through your topper to remove all knots and tangles.
- Attach your topper to the mannequin head using T-pins. Be careful with the placement of your T-pins! Take care to place them through the clips and avoid the front of the topper, especially if you have lace.
- Using lukewarm water, wet your topper.
- Using a sponge, apply shampoo in a downward motion to avoid friction.
- This can be done twice if it has been awhile between washes or there is makeup around the front of your topper.
- Rinse using lukewarm water.
- Using a different sponge, apply the conditioner in a downward motion to avoid friction.
- Gently comb through using a wide tooth comb.
- Rinse and wrap in a towel, gently squeezing out any extra moisture.
- All done! Your piece is ready for drying and styling.
For more detailed instructions, watch the above video. If you need any assistance, please contact us!