Caring For Your Hair
How To Wash Your Human Hair Wig
In this video, Carmela takes you through how to wash your human hair wig. In salon we love and use Davroe Products! These can be purchased on your next visit to the salon or online using the links below.
What you’ll need
- Davroe Moisture Senses Hydrating Shampoo
- Davroe Moisture Senses Hydrating Conditioner
- Mannequin head
- Soft Towel or Turbi-Twist
- Wide tooth comb
- Gently comb through your human hair wig to remove all knots and tangles.
- Attach your wig to the mannequin head using T-pins through the ear tabs.
- Using lukewarm water, wet your piece.
- Using a sponge, apply shampoo in a downward motion to avoid friction. Be gentle with the lace.
- Shampooing can be done twice it has been awhile between washes or there is makeup on the wig.
- Rinse using lukewarm water.
- Using a different sponge, apply conditioner in a downward motion to avoid friction.
- Gently comb through using a wide tooth comb.
- Rinse and wrap in a towel, gently squeezing out any extra moisture.
- All done! Your piece is ready for drying and styling.
For more detailed instructions, watch the above video. If you need any assistance, please contact us!