Caring For Your Hair
How To Wash Your Synthetic Curly Wig
In this video, Carmela takes you through how to wash a synthetic curly hair wig at home! Your piece should be washed every 7 – 8 wears. In the salon we use shampoo and spray conditioner for synthetic hair, these can be purchased on your next visit to the salon.
What you’ll need
- Synthetic Hair Shampoo
- Synthetic Hair Spray Conditioner
- Mannequin head
- Soft Towel
- Wide tooth comb
- Gently comb through your wig to remove all knots and tangles.
- Attach your wig to the mannequin head using T-pins. Place them through the ear tabs either side of your wig.
- Using cold water, saturate your wig.
- Using a sponge, apply shampoo in a downward motion to avoid friction.
- Rinse using cold water.
- Take the piece over to a towel & remove the tabs from the sides. Place the wig on a towel and roll it. Squeeze gently to remove excess moisture.
- Place the wig back onto the mannequin head and replace the T-pins.
- Shake the conditioner bottle and then spray 5-6 pumps of conditioner from the mid-lengths to the ends.
- Using a wide tooth comb, gently come through to bring back the curl.
- Place the part and then leave the wig out to dry.
For more detailed instructions, watch the above video. If you need any assistance, please contact us!