Caring for your Synthetic Wig
Want To Download Or Print The Washing Instructions?: CLICK HERE!
WE RECOMMEND WASHING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG EVERY 6-8 WEARS.
- Before washing your wig or hairpiece, gently remove any tangles with your wide tooth comb
- In a basin with cool water add a small amount of a Synthetic Wig Shampoo and emulsify
- Immerse your wig or hairpiece into water and gently comb with a wide tooth comb, ensuring that the hair is traveling in the same direction. DO NOT rub the hair, this may cause knotting
- Rinse thoroughly in cool water until water runs clear
- Wrap wig or hairpiece in a towel and lightly squeeze to remove excess water
- Gently detangle hair using your wide tooth comb
- Spray with Leave-In Conditioning Spray (3-5 pumps)
- Smooth back into the original shape; place on a mannequin head, secure with Tpins through the velvet ear tabs on the side, ensuring that they do not go through the mesh and allow to air dry completely
- Styling is very easy with your Synthetic Wigs. We recommend simply using your fingertips or wig brush/comb and brush into your desired style
- DO NOT use heat to style synthetic fiber (curling irons, hair straightners, blow dryers, etc)
- Use a wide tooth comb on wet hair
- Holding Spray or Flexible Spray Gel are the only styling products we recommend to use when wishing to hold a style as they will not leave a residue.
- Be cautious when standing near a heat source (i.e. open oven, heater, etc.) Excessive heat can damage the fibre.
- We recommend using Ghost Mist with a wide tooth comb to detangle your synthetic wig or hairpiece. This is especially important with the mid-length to long length wig
- After you have washed your wig, style mist with water and Ghost Mist Spray and smooth back into the original shape; allow to air dry completely
- Synthetic and HD Wigs have a tendency to frizz in areas that come in to contact with skin (nape of your neck and cheeks), to help prevent this from happening spray wig with Ghost Mist every second day
- The cleaner you keep your biological hair, the longer the wig or piece will remain fresh. We recommend washing your bio hair every day.
HOW TO PUT ON YOUR WIG
- Remove your glasses
- Turn wig over and hold in front of you (Hairline facing you), place thumbs on ear tabs, slip wig on like a cap, keeping ears free
- Push hairline of the wig up to match up with your natural hairline
- Hold ear tabs and straighten to ensure wig is on evenly in front of the ears
- Use wire in ear tabs to adjust and shape to your face
- Use fingers brush or comb (depending on fibre) to help shape into the desired style
TIP: if you have a lace front wig, do not to pull or stretch the lace, use ear tabs to adjust wig placement on the head
All Wigs and Hair Piece carry a guarantee against manufacturer’s defects.
Our Synthetic and HD Wigs are NOT guaranteed against:
- Wear and tear: i.e. an accident, negligence, alteration, abuse, misuse, tears or a chemical process done elsewhere.
- Life expectancy: it can vary from client to client.
- Normal shedding: continually sheds with each wear and is considered normal.
- Damage caused by use of hair colour of any sort, bleach, perms, or any chemical or non-chemical services to alter the original hair color
- Electrical hair dryers, hot irons or any hair styling products.
- Anyone other than a Beverly May Hair dresser cutting, thinning, or trimming your Alternative Hair.
- We highly recommend that all wearers of Synthetic and HD Wigs read the client care instructions provided for you by your Beverly May Hair Professional.