Thinning hair in women is a lot more common than you think. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including stress, hormones and certain types of medications. But don’t worry, Beverly May Hair can help. We have been offering our hair replacement services to the people of Adelaide for many years and understand that hair is an important part of looking and feeling great.
What causes female hair to thin?
Well, I think there are various reasons why women lose hair. Female pattern hair loss ( androgenetic alopecia) is one of the most common. But how do you know if this might be one of the reasons of your hair loss? We would say look around at your family. If anyone in your family or relatives thinning hair -male or female, then there is good chance you could have the propensity as well. However, the other common reasons for hair loss in women other than genetic:
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Medications . Some medications can cause thinning hair
- Birth Control Pills – When starting or stopping some women BCP help slow hair loss and for others, they make it worst
- Low iron levels
- Child birth
- Thyroid problems
- Other illnesses
Recommended Hair Products for Thinning Hair
We recommend using gentle hair products, such as shampoo and conditioner which doesn’t contain alcohol or harsh chemicals because they are hard on the scalp and can dry out your hair. You should comb or brush your hair gently with a product, such as the Mason Pearson Brush to avoid pulling. Allow your hair to air dry too and skip the heat styling to avoid unnecessary heat damage.
Non-Surgical Hair Replacement Solutions for Thinning Hair
Real Human Hair Extensions
For an instant solution to hair thinning, our quality Beverly May hair extensions can not only add length but volume and thickness to your hair as well. Choose from a range of colours to match your colour and a variety of hair extension applications from TRU points, TRU skins to TRU tips.
- TRU points – these extensions are gentle on your hair. The procedure involves attaching a link on the extension to your natural hair.
- TRU skins – fit snuggly and naturally on the scalp without damaging your hair. No damaging glues, chemicals or weaves are used. Can also be used with clips for a temporary, yet quick and easy application.
- TRU tips – perfect for those who like to wear their hair up. Single lengths of hair are attached at many anchor points to achieve undetectable thickness and volume. The application is glue and chemical-free.
We also offer real hair pieces and toppers and human hair and synthetic wigs in a variety of colours and styles to suit your needs. Speak to our specialists today.
Learn more about our options
To help your hair look thicker and fuller again, contact hair replacement specialists Beverly May Hair in Adelaide today on 08 8232 3448. Get the latest alopecia areata, thinning hair news and other hair loss news and success stories here.